Monday, February 14, 2011

Poorly tuned car

Here in California we have our cars tested for emissions called smog. I just had my MGB tested for smog and it failed twice. The main cause is that it is running too rich (too much fuel) After the mechanic Bob from British European in San Francisco adjusted the carburator several times, the car still couldn't pass smog. He didn't have enough time to work on it so I will have to bring in again.
While driving the car back I did notice a big improvement in performance, the MGB ran like a bat out of hell. The carburator wasn't adjusted right and was just killing the performance.
So this brings me to say be sure you have your carb adjusted right it will make a massive difference in your driving experience.
I'm going to change the spark plugs and spark plug wires, along with an oil change before bring the car back for a third smog check. I'm going to check the fuel canister, if the line coming from the fuel tank and going to the charcoal canister gets clogged it can cause a backup of gas fumes Stay tuned for more updates

No comments:

Post a Comment