Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rusty trunk! Urggh!

My old 1976 MGB is finally being taken care for! The bottom surface of the trunk is oily, rusty with paint peeling. I am using course sand paper about 60 grade, on the non-oily surfaces. Then I use a 100 grade sandpaper. It's not a pretty sight and I am posting some pictures of the trunk's condition.
rusty trunk

This is near the gas nozzle:
near gas nozzle

This image is from the whole trunk view, with the exception of the bottom of the trunk, the trunk overall isn't too bad for a 30 year old car.
rusty trunk 1

I find that Simple Green has a great product to remove surface grease from the trunk of my car. I mix Simple Green Max (which is non toxic) I apply it with a sponge to get the oil of the surface of the trunk and rinse it. On a hot day it dries fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment